Charting a New Course – Group Curriculum, Reproducible Exercises
Instructors! Fret no longer over what to do next! It’s all ready for you with over 120 hours of lesson plans, reproducible group worksheets addressing Tactics, Thinking Errors and Responsible Thinking correctives. Best for prevention, diversion, intervention, and aftercare. Reduces ambivalence and aids processing through stages of lack of awareness, contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance and relapse. 322 pages.
Sample Pages – (PDF Format)
- Charting a New Course is designed as an open-ended cognitive-behavioral curriculum for groups where participants can start or commence from the program at any time. The written exercises can be administered in any sequence according to facilitator judgment. Sample pages and instructions.
- Assess Risk/Needs – Truthought’s Thinking Assessment reveals dominant thinking patterns. Use the assessment to determine pre/post results, or for longitudinal studies, and to measure relevant processes and provide measurement feedback.
- Target Intervention by prioritizing assignments from Charting that correspond to the top 3 thinking patterns common to all of the group members according to the assessment. Charting’s 10 sections directly correspond to the thinking patterns and each section contains 10 or more exercises to choose from, each with leader discussion plans.
- Skill Train with Directed Practice – Use the facilitator discussion plans provided with each written exercise to lead group discussions that emphasize personal applications and result in personal commitments to do something positive, different, and specific. The savvy facilitator will also consider temperament, learning style, motivation, and culture when choosing exercises and leading discussions. They will structure the number of assignments and frequency of group discussions according to risk/need.
Truthought GO digital learning platform for staff training and working with clients.
- Enhance Intrinsic Motivation by mastering Truthought’s dialogue process for meaningful momentum taught online in the Leader Training Course from Truthought GO.
- Increase Positive Reinforcement using Truthought’s process for administering cognitive consequences, and developing an individualized reward system that flows with a 4:1 positive to negative interaction application. All covered in the Leader Training Course in Truthought GO.
- Engage Ongoing Support in Communities with Truthought GO Teams. Easily connect and engage focused support from associated provider organizations and significant support persons for each individual you serve.